Digital Assets Weekly: March 20th, 2020
- Crypto markets rallied off last week’s lows.
- The risk / return profile looks attractive at these levels.
Winners & Losers
- Winner: The Steem community who is taking a stand against Tron founder Justin Sun.
- Loser: MakerDAO token holders who are getting diluted due to poor performing loans.
- BitMex going down for maintenance makes me cringe, but it may have been for the better.
- Bakkt, Argent, Phemex, and GrainChain are among projects that raised funding this week.
- Robert Sluymer: Crypto Technical Analysis: BTC collapses but holds 200-week sma, ETH vs BTC holds .22
- David Grider: Crypto Market Update
- Ken Xuan: Crypto Quant: Benchmark Crypto Indices Weekly Performance Review
Bitcoin’s price has sold off significantly over the past few weeks and has now started to bounce off the bottom we saw last Thursday. The chart below from Rob Sluymer, Fundstrat’s Chief Technical Strategist gives you a sense of where we’ve been.
Bitcoin has rallied off the prior week’s lows and finished this week (3/12/20 to 3/19/20) up 25%, partially recovering earlier month losses, ...
Reports you haven't read
Binance.US Announces Suspension of USD Deposits and Vitalik and Polygon Co-Founder Donate to COVID Research
Crypto markets are up slightly on the day, BTC -0.47% has risen 0.54%, and ETH -0.60% has risen 0.15%. Interestingly, the ETH Dominance metric, a metric that measures Etheruem's market cap compared to the rest of the crypto market, has reached its highest levels since the Merge last year and at the peak of the 2021 bull market, indicating that Ethereum is extremely relatively strong to the rest of the market. Altcoins...
Today, we're witnessing a return of familiar correlations as Bitcoin, gold, and equities all stage a mini rally. Today's major macro news was the leap in jobless claims to 261k, a level not reached since October 2021 and notably above consensus. Advocates of continued rate hikes frequently point to the consistent strength of the labor market. However, this new data could signal the onset of a softening jobs market beginning...
INVESTMENT THESIS Given the rise in U.S. treasury yields (5.00% - 5.25% at the time of writing) and the suction of liquidity that ensued from risk assets, perhaps the most useful metric to gauge product-market fit at this stage of the bear market is Total Value Locked (TVL). Essentially, the consideration that is front and center in the minds of savvy investors is, ‘Would this investment or strategy yield better...
Explore the latest market dynamics surrounding liquidity, short-term bills, and capital flow and their potential effect on asset prices. Stay informed about the latest treasury issuances and hear expert analysis on the crypto market and our forward outlook. Don't miss this insightful video for investors! _*Recorded on June 5, 2023_