Blockchain Investment Group: A Fund of Funds Providing Access to Top Digital Asset Managers
To download the full report, click here.
- Alongside its exponential growth, the crypto market has become increasingly complex over the past several years. Blockchains have proven to be imperative underlying infrastructure for the next generation of internet applications. In turn, a wave of businesses has set out to develop institutional and consumer products that leverage or service blockchain infrastructure. Capital allocators have taken notice, investing over $33 billion across 2,000 blockchain projects and companies in 2021. As of Q4 2021, ~863 crypto investment funds have launched to meet this demand for crypto exposure. However, new entrants looking to allocate capital across crypto funds have several hurdles to overcome, including high minimums, sector & strategy selection, manager selection, and access.
- Blockchain Investment Group (“BIG” or the “Fund”) is a crypto fund of funds (“FoF”) that identifies, evaluates, and manages investments in crypto and blockchain-focused hedge funds. BIG’s core value propositions include (1) privileged access to top funds with proven track records, (2) a robust manager selection process for identifying ethical and well-rounded investment managers, and (3) diversification across an expanding landscape of crypto sectors and investment strategies.
- BIG boasts a noteworthy track record since launching in February 2018, having outperformed bitcoin by 1,019%. Much of the outperformance came in 2020 and 2021 when the Fund returned 316% and 478% on a net basis, respectively.
- Risks – Execution risk as the Fund will need to adapt and evolve its investment process to keep pace with the exponential innovation occurring in crypto, liquidity risk, given the types of assets held by portfolio funds, as well as regulatory and technological risk.
- Bottom Line – Leveraging a ‘quality-over-quantity’ manager selection process, BIG’s fund of funds provides capital allocators diversified exposure to the burgeoning crypto space through access to top funds and portfolio managers.
Key slides from this report…
Crypto Funding Landscape Spans Several Verticals (Slide 6)
A New Investing Frontier (Slide 8)
Company Overview (Slide 9)
BIG Strategy & Value Proposition (Slide 10)
BIG Performance (Slide 18)
Reports you haven't read
EXECUTIVE SUMMARYAlgorand (ALGO 2.03% ) is a layer 1 blockchain that employs a unique consensus mechanism called Pure Proof of Stake (PPoS), which relies on random node selection to promote decentralization, security, and scalability. Algorand Foundation’s mission is to empower a dynamic, inclusive, and borderless global ecosystem based on the Algorand blockchain technology.Algorand Layer 1’s Algorand Virtual Machine (AVM) powers Algorand’s smart contracts and is similar to Ethereum's EVM. It can process...
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Last summer we published our deep research report on the Cardano Network, an open-source blockchain network leveraging a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus mechanism to provide a sustainable infrastructure for the development and secure execution of smart contracts. In our update report we discuss the latest technical and ecosystem developments along with refreshed quantitative analysis. KEY SLIDES FROM THIS REPORT... PLUTUS V1: SMART CONTRACTS AND CARDANO REFACTORING (SLIDE 4) VASIL...
EXECUTIVE SUMMARYGROWING DEMAND FOR LAYER 1 BLOCK SPACE. Through 2021, the demand for Ethereum block space has exploded on all metrics. Post-merge, Ethereum will attempt to scale via execution layers, while alternate Layer 1s might continue gaining market share on different use cases.BRIDGING WEB 2 TO WEB 3 WITH HYBRID COMPUTE. Boba’s hybrid compute technology brings the decentralization of Web 3 to the compute power of Web 2, while possessing...
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Click Here for full report. Next week, we will host Off The Chain Capital (OTC) for an introductory webinar discussing their value-oriented fund which is well suited to capitalize on current market conditions. Off The Chain Capital is focused on outperforming Bitcoin while simultaneously cushioning downside risks. OTC has outperformed BTC in 8 of the last 12 quarters, capturing 97% of Bitcoin’s upward moves and only 48% of...